Duration: 3 days
This is a 3-day workshop we will be emphasising on the general safety and best practice of steam boilers, operation, maintenance and control systems.
The workshop consists of multi-media presentation sessions and a high level of class interaction. Our trainer will facilitate quizzes after each session for revision and self-evaluation.
A workshop manual which includes quiz questions and answer sections will be provided to each participant.
- Types of Boilers
- Boiler Fuel Combustion and The Generation of Steam
- Boiler Auxiliary Plant
- Pressure Containing Parts in a Boiler
- In-Service Planning, Inspections and Maintenance for Boilers
- Boiler Management – Repairs and Modifications
- Storage of Boilers (options considered)
- Boiler Emissions and EPA Regulations – How should they be managed?
- Boiler Controls – Stages of Development
- Combustion Controls
- Boiler Feed Water and Steam Reheat Design Principles and Strategies
- ‘Auxiliary’ Control Loops for Safe Operation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Boiler plant operators, maintenance personnel, controls technicians and contractors
- Boiler plant engineers, managers and supervisors
- Consulting engineers and Insurance company inspectors
- Instrumentation engineers and technicians
- Boiler chemicals and accessories suppliers
Our trainer is an experienced and highly motivated ex-marine engineer with extensive industry experience in onshore and offshore industrial settings. He has hands-on experience in the operation, maintenance and management of a diverse range of plant and equipment comprising steam raising boiler plant, pumps, compressors, turbines, electrical power generation and HVAC/refrigeration systems. Our trainer is able to demonstrate how superior plant performance can be achieved through best practice in the operation and maintenance of a plant. He has a strong and complex problem-solving skills, and is ready to discuss solution options when raised. Finally, his enthusiastic and interactive style and passionate demeanour makes him popular and a much sought-after instructor.